Phoenix Suns forward P.J. Tucker wins team's hustle award
Tucker is the first back-to-back winner of the award, which is awarded to the Suns player "who most personified the hustle and determination that Suns Ring of Honor member Dan Majerle displayed as a player."
"It's been exciting to watch him grow as a player and become a leader on this team," Majerle said in a release. "P.J. does the little things to help his team win, and that's the epitome of what the Majerle Hustle Award represents."
Tucker was selected based on voting by Suns fans, players, coaches, employees and Majerle, with each voting group carrying equal weight in the selection proces. A $9,000 donation will be made to an Arizona charity of Tucker's choice.
Previous winners of the Majerle award include:
- Tucker (2013)
- Sebastian Telfair (2012)
- Grant Hill (2011)
- Jared Dudley (2010)
- Louis Amundson (2009)
- Grant Hill (2008)
- Leandro Barbosa (2007)
- Raja Bell (2006)
- Shawn Marion (2005)
- Casey Jacobsen (2004)
- Bo Outlaw (2003)
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.