Suns lose big lead, fall to Spurs: By The Numbers
They ended it like one that was projected to win fewer than 25 games.
Despite racing out to a 21-point lead in the first quarter against the Tim Duncan- and Manu Ginobili-less Spurs, Phoenix faltered down the stretch en route to a 112-104 road loss in a game that could be pivotal in the playoff standings, though it played without star guard Goran Dragic.
Here's a closer look at the loss, by the numbers:
Suns guard Eric Bledsoe finished with 30 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists -- one assist away from his first career triple-double. Bledsoe did his damage without backcourt mate Goran Dragic, who sat with a sprained ankle.
Phoenix's 37 first-quarter points came within three of matching the most San Antonio has allowed in an opening quarter this season.
Bledsoe's 11 rebounds were a team high, with center Miles Plumlee's nine the only one that matched him. No other Phoenix player grabbed more than three boards, with the exception of P.J. Tucker's five.
The Suns assisted on just 18 of their 39 made field goals -- a major byproduct of Dragic's absense.
The Suns dominated the first quarter on their way to a 21-point lead -- one that was wiped away by the end of the third quarter.
San Antonio guard Danny Green racked up a career-high 33 points on 12-of-17 shooting, including 7-of-10 from 3-point range.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.