Suns explode past Blazers in second half: By The Numbers
It was a game of runs, as the Portland TrailBlazers found themselves holding a 10-point lead early in the second half.
The Suns would have no more.
They turned the tables, thanks to stellar efforts by the backcourt -- namely Eric Bledsoe and Gerald Green -- and turned in a win to hold ninth place in the Western Conference.
Here's a closer look at the eye-opening win, by the numbers:
The Suns' starting frontcourt, consisting of Channing Frye, P.J. Tucker and Miles Plumlee combined for just 10 points on the night, shooting just 25 percent.
Markieff Morris and his 12 points and 11 rebounds gave him his 11th double-double of the season on Friday, though the power forward managed to shoot just 26 percent from the floor on the night.
Plumlee's 16 rebounds Friday were his most in 2014 and his second-highest total all season. His third-best effort on the boards also came against Portland, in the Suns' season opener on Oct. 30 of last year.
The Suns' 24 fast break points on the night bested the Blazers by 18.
The Suns' 48 points in the paint led the way to their eventual blowout of the Blazers, who managed just 32 down low Friday.
The Suns went on a 42-18 run heading into the final four minutes of Friday's contest. And over those final four minutes -- on Final Four weekend -- they stretched that run into a 52-22 run to close the game, which resulted in a 109-93 win. They once trailed 67-57 in the third quarter.
Bledsoe (30 points) and Green (32) combined for 62 points on the evening, which accounted for 57 percent of the Suns' scoring in the game. Goran Dragic also poured in 19 on the night.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.