Clippers rally from 17 down to beat Suns
Chris Paul added 20 points, including a 32-foot 3-pointer just before the shot clock was to expire to put the Clippers up for good 108-106 with 1:48 to play.
Eight Suns players reached double figures, led by Marcus Morris' 16 points.
Phoenix fell into a three-way tie with Memphis and Dallas for the last two playoff spots in the West. Phoenix used a 22-5 run to lead 91-74 with 1:49 left in the third period and was up 91-78 entering the fourth.
Griffin had been listed as doubtful for the game with back spasms.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.