Updated Mar 21, 2014 - 5:14 pm
Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker shows his softer side
That is P.J. Tucker on the court.
However, P.J. Tucker off the court is a loving husband and caring father of two.
He displayed that softer side prior to shootaround Friday morning, delivering breakfast sandwiches and get-well cards to those ASU alums who work for the Phoenix Suns inside US Airways Center.
By the way, Tucker played his college ball at Texas, which won its second round NCAA Tournament game at the expense of the Sun Devils.
"I just wanted to make sure I took care of them," he said. "I know they hadn't been to the tournament in a while. It hurts a little bit but it's great that they made it. They're a good team. It was a great game."
Texas beat ASU 87-85 on center Cameron Ridley's putback of a missed three at the buzzer.
"Nobody wanted to watch it with me," Tucker said. "See, that's the funny thing. They're so happy to make it, but they don't want to watch it with you…because then they want to call you afterwards. When they were up early -- they were playing well, I got a lot of calls and text messages, but after the game not so much."
Tucker estimated he bought breakfast for 25 people, including several in the front office.
The former Sun Devil who took the loss the hardest, though, appeared to be longtime equipment manager Jay Gaspar.
"Jay didn't take it so well," Tucker said. "I think Jay might've taken it worse than anybody. Jay was not happy. I can't even say what he sent me but he was pretty mad."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.