Suns guard Eric Bledsoe makes return from meniscus injury
The first-year Sun scored 15 points on 5-of-16 shooting to go along with nine assists in 32 minutes of court time in a 110-101 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday at US Airways Center. Bledsoe went 1-of-6 from the free throw line and grabbed three rebounds and two steals without turning the ball over.
Bledsoe made an immediate impact in his first game action since Dec. 30, dropping a pair of assists and scoring a layup in his first few possessions on the floor. Bledsoe received a loud ovation from the crowd of 17,902 when he checked in at the 7:39 mark of the first quarter.
But the effort wasn't enough to overcome the deficit faced by the Suns from wire-to-wire.
"It's a team we needed to beat and a game we needed to win and we didn't so it's going to make it that much tougher (to make the playoffs)," Bledsoe said after the game.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.