Suns guard Eric Bledsoe makes return from meniscus injury
The first-year Sun scored 15 points on 5-of-16 shooting to go along with nine assists in 32 minutes of court time in a 110-101 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday at US Airways Center. Bledsoe went 1-of-6 from the free throw line and grabbed three rebounds and two steals without turning the ball over.
Bledsoe made an immediate impact in his first game action since Dec. 30, dropping a pair of assists and scoring a layup in his first few possessions on the floor. Bledsoe received a loud ovation from the crowd of 17,902 when he checked in at the 7:39 mark of the first quarter.
But the effort wasn't enough to overcome the deficit faced by the Suns from wire-to-wire.
"It's a team we needed to beat and a game we needed to win and we didn't so it's going to make it that much tougher (to make the playoffs)," Bledsoe said after the game.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.