A good sign, Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe is sore
The subject of the meeting, just prior to the end of shootaround, was point guard Eric Bledsoe.
"We were discussing how Eric's progression is going; just discussing kind of the schedule of how we're going to handle it going forward," Hornacek said.
Bledsoe's progress is going very well.
His rehabilitation from knee surgery has advanced to include limited five-on-five scrimmaging, which he participated in Monday for the second time in three days.
"He was a little sore today, but that's good," Hornacek said Tuesday. "You know that if you're getting sore -- it's almost like a training camp situation. These guys can work out in summer, not get sore and in training camp it's a different level of intensity that makes your muscles sore. To me, it's a sign that he's putting the effort out there in the practice and going hard because he is sore. I think that's a good sign."
Bledsoe, who was unavailable for comment, had surgery on January 10. He has not experienced any pain or swelling, but after several weeks of inactivity, "body soreness like training camp soreness," where your muscles ache, according to Hornacek, was to be anticipated.
Bledsoe is expected to play five-on-five again on Wednesday.
There remains no definitive timetable for his return, though it would appear he is getting closer.
"Kind of leave it up to him when he feels like, ‘hey, I can go.' He has to feel comfortable with that time," Hornacek said. "If we tell him this is the day you're playing and he isn't ready for that day, then that can be a problem.
"It's kind of up to Eric when he comes back."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.