What's next for James...NBA Western leaders in action tonight...Gators look for another win
HOUSTON (AP) — Twenty-four hours after scoring a personal best 61 points against Charlotte, Miami's LeBron James is back on the court tonight for a game against the Rockets in Houston. In case you missed hearing about last night's outing, James broke his personal best of 56 points, which he set in a game when he was playing for Cleveland nine seasons ago. In last night's contest, James connected on 22 of his 33 shots, including his first eight three-point attempts.
UNDATED (AP) — Oklahoma City and San Antonio are the top two teams in the NBA West with the Thunder leading the Spurs by 1 Â½ games. Both teams are in action tonight as Oklahoma City is home to the Philadelphia 76ers while the Spurs are visiting the Cavaliers in Cleveland.
UNDATED (AP) — Florida, the nation's No. 1 team, is enjoying a great season. The Gators have already clinched their third Southeastern Conference regular-season championship in the last four years and have set a school record for wins. They enter tonight's game against South Carolina with a record of 27-2.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Kurt Busch is out to join a select group of drivers. It has been announced that along with Andretti Autosport, Busch will try to become the first driver in 10 years to run both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. The only drivers to have attempted the 1,100 mile "double" are John Andretti, Tony Stewart and Robby Gordon.
UNDATED (AP) — Forward Marian Hossa (HOH'-sah) of the Chicago Blackhawks will be sidelined for two to three weeks because of an upper-body injury suffered in Saturday night's 5-1 victory over the Penguins at Soldier Field. It is unclear exactly when Hossa was injured, but he took a hard hit from Pens forward Craig Adams during a Chicago power play in the first period.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.