What's next for James...NBA Western leaders in action tonight...Gators look for another win
HOUSTON (AP) — Twenty-four hours after scoring a personal best 61 points against Charlotte, Miami's LeBron James is back on the court tonight for a game against the Rockets in Houston. In case you missed hearing about last night's outing, James broke his personal best of 56 points, which he set in a game when he was playing for Cleveland nine seasons ago. In last night's contest, James connected on 22 of his 33 shots, including his first eight three-point attempts.
UNDATED (AP) — Oklahoma City and San Antonio are the top two teams in the NBA West with the Thunder leading the Spurs by 1 Â½ games. Both teams are in action tonight as Oklahoma City is home to the Philadelphia 76ers while the Spurs are visiting the Cavaliers in Cleveland.
UNDATED (AP) — Florida, the nation's No. 1 team, is enjoying a great season. The Gators have already clinched their third Southeastern Conference regular-season championship in the last four years and have set a school record for wins. They enter tonight's game against South Carolina with a record of 27-2.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Kurt Busch is out to join a select group of drivers. It has been announced that along with Andretti Autosport, Busch will try to become the first driver in 10 years to run both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. The only drivers to have attempted the 1,100 mile "double" are John Andretti, Tony Stewart and Robby Gordon.
UNDATED (AP) — Forward Marian Hossa (HOH'-sah) of the Chicago Blackhawks will be sidelined for two to three weeks because of an upper-body injury suffered in Saturday night's 5-1 victory over the Penguins at Soldier Field. It is unclear exactly when Hossa was injured, but he took a hard hit from Pens forward Craig Adams during a Chicago power play in the first period.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.