Updated Feb 27, 2014 - 12:33 pm
Scouts: Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic is underrated
The 27-year-old was left off the Western Conference All-Star team, though, which may be more a sign of his lack of recognition than a lack of talent.
ESPN's Chris Broussard interviewed NBA scouts and asked them to name some overrated players and some underrated players.
Dragic made the second list in the Insider piece.
Western conference scout: "I think he can do what he's done this year for the next four or five years. We all saw Dragic play in Europe, and he couldn't make a shot over there. He was fast. He can run, he can jump, he's fast-twitch. And he's made himself into a shooter.
"You go underneath the pick and he's going to make shots. He's really good. It's a credit to his work ethic. He's a little bigger than you think he is. He's thick and he's strong. To have a team with no other stars that lost Eric Bledsoe to injury be in the playoff hunt in the West? He's a damn good player."
Eastern conference scout: "He's got it all. There's nothing he doesn't do well. If there's anything, it's that he may not have the greatest speed. But with the ball in his hands, he's fast, and he gets by people. He's got a great first step and he's quick as hell when it comes to that.
"He can make open shots, he's big, he's got skill and he can finish. I love size. I don't like small guards. I think a big point guard is an advantage. I've seen enough of him to know that if I was a GM and I needed a point guard, I'd do whatever it takes to get him. If I was looking for a point guard, he'd be right at the top of the list. I think he's the real deal."
The Suns signed Dragic to a four-year, $30 million deal during summer 2012, and as of now that looks to be an incredible steal for the team.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?