Updated Feb 27, 2014 - 12:33 pm
Scouts: Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic is underrated
The 27-year-old was left off the Western Conference All-Star team, though, which may be more a sign of his lack of recognition than a lack of talent.
ESPN's Chris Broussard interviewed NBA scouts and asked them to name some overrated players and some underrated players.
Dragic made the second list in the Insider piece.
Western conference scout: "I think he can do what he's done this year for the next four or five years. We all saw Dragic play in Europe, and he couldn't make a shot over there. He was fast. He can run, he can jump, he's fast-twitch. And he's made himself into a shooter.
"You go underneath the pick and he's going to make shots. He's really good. It's a credit to his work ethic. He's a little bigger than you think he is. He's thick and he's strong. To have a team with no other stars that lost Eric Bledsoe to injury be in the playoff hunt in the West? He's a damn good player."
Eastern conference scout: "He's got it all. There's nothing he doesn't do well. If there's anything, it's that he may not have the greatest speed. But with the ball in his hands, he's fast, and he gets by people. He's got a great first step and he's quick as hell when it comes to that.
"He can make open shots, he's big, he's got skill and he can finish. I love size. I don't like small guards. I think a big point guard is an advantage. I've seen enough of him to know that if I was a GM and I needed a point guard, I'd do whatever it takes to get him. If I was looking for a point guard, he'd be right at the top of the list. I think he's the real deal."
The Suns signed Dragic to a four-year, $30 million deal during summer 2012, and as of now that looks to be an incredible steal for the team.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org