Suns coach: Trade deadline can be stressful for players
Even though there were no specific rumors about any one player on the team, the possibility of a move being made very much weighs on a player.
With that no longer an issue, the team can just play basketball.
"It's like that every team every year when that trade deadline comes," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek told the Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday. "Because most of the time, anything can happen."
Hornacek would know, as he was part of one deadline deal back in 1994 when the Philadelphia 76ers sent him to the Utah Jazz.
"When that day comes, I think maybe two, three games prior to that the guys tend to start maybe pressing a little bit, maybe worrying about it," he said. "But then once it's done and gone, they're happy they are where they're at."
The Suns split their first two games after the deadline, beating the San Antonio Spurs comfortably while losing a close one to the Houston Rockets.
They've done so with the same team they had prior to the deadline, which is a group Hornacek is glad to keep coaching.
"That was great," he said. "This team has fought all year long. They've got great chemistry.
"You try to put a guy into the mix right at the end of the season, who knows how that will turn out."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?