Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 7:03 pm
Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker fined for second flopping violation
The NBA announced Wednesday it had fined the Suns' forward $5,000 for violating its anti-flopping rules for the second time this season.
The fine is due to an incident with 1:38 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Suns' win over the Denver Nuggets Tuesday, where Tucker went flying into the basket as if he was shoved in the back. Video of the "flop" can be seen here.
"I almost don't have words for it," Tucker said before Wednesday night's game against the Boston Celtics. "For the league to be cracking down and for that to be the first one they called since they've been cracking down, it's kind of bad I think. It is what is.
"I'm still going to play how I play. It isn't going to change nothing."
If anything, Tucker said he's bothered by the picture it now paints of him as a player more so than the fine itself.
"This is like something that couldn't be more opposite of how I play," said Tucker. "I think it's more than it shows the implication that I'm a flopper. I think that probably bothers me more than the actual fine or anything else."
Tucker was warned by the league last week for an incident during the team's loss to the Miami Heat.
The third-year forward plans to appeal the fine.
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Gordon, Johnson declare for NBA draft
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.