Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 7:03 pm
Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker fined for second flopping violation
The NBA announced Wednesday it had fined the Suns' forward $5,000 for violating its anti-flopping rules for the second time this season.
The fine is due to an incident with 1:38 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Suns' win over the Denver Nuggets Tuesday, where Tucker went flying into the basket as if he was shoved in the back. Video of the "flop" can be seen here.
"I almost don't have words for it," Tucker said before Wednesday night's game against the Boston Celtics. "For the league to be cracking down and for that to be the first one they called since they've been cracking down, it's kind of bad I think. It is what is.
"I'm still going to play how I play. It isn't going to change nothing."
If anything, Tucker said he's bothered by the picture it now paints of him as a player more so than the fine itself.
"This is like something that couldn't be more opposite of how I play," said Tucker. "I think it's more than it shows the implication that I'm a flopper. I think that probably bothers me more than the actual fine or anything else."
Tucker was warned by the league last week for an incident during the team's loss to the Miami Heat.
The third-year forward plans to appeal the fine.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.