Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns interested in Lakers' Jordan Hill
However, it's possible they won't find it in the player rumored to be a possibility just a few weeks ago.
The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks have also talked to the Lakers about acquiring Jordan Hill, according to a league source.— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 19, 2014
Hill, 26, is averaging 8.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in nearly 20 minutes per game for the Lakers this season. For his career, Hill is carrying averages of 6.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 0.7 blocks per game. A free agent at the end of the season, it's likely the Lakers are looking to get something for him now rather than just let him leave for nothing in the offseason.
A former Arizona Wildcat, Hill was selected with the eighth pick in the 2009 draft by the New York Knicks and has established himself as a solid role player, but has not been able to live up to the expectations.
And according to a new report, it appears any Hill to the Suns talks may have been put on hold.
Suns are no longer engaged in talks with Lakers on Jordan Hill, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Not as of now," one source says.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.