Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns interested in Lakers' Jordan Hill
However, it's possible they won't find it in the player rumored to be a possibility just a few weeks ago.
The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks have also talked to the Lakers about acquiring Jordan Hill, according to a league source.— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 19, 2014
Hill, 26, is averaging 8.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in nearly 20 minutes per game for the Lakers this season. For his career, Hill is carrying averages of 6.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 0.7 blocks per game. A free agent at the end of the season, it's likely the Lakers are looking to get something for him now rather than just let him leave for nothing in the offseason.
A former Arizona Wildcat, Hill was selected with the eighth pick in the 2009 draft by the New York Knicks and has established himself as a solid role player, but has not been able to live up to the expectations.
And according to a new report, it appears any Hill to the Suns talks may have been put on hold.
Suns are no longer engaged in talks with Lakers on Jordan Hill, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Not as of now," one source says.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.