Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe's workload increases in rehab
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports the fourth-year guard has increased his workload in his rehabilitation. Bledsoe was seen after practice shooting 15- to 18-foot shots around the perimeter and was able to jump slightly. He was also able to do a drill where he would backpedal to a cone before taking two dribbles forward and shooting from around the free-throw area.
"They [the team's training staff] give him a little bit more every day. So he's gradually building up," head coach Jeff Hornacek said Monday. "And now he's able to shoot the ball and go through those drills. So, he's looking good."
The first-year Suns coach stressed that there's still no target date for the return of Bledsoe, who has posted 18 points and 5.8 assists per game this season on 48.6 percent shooting. The team has gone 11-10 since he was sidelined.
Hornacek added that even when the Kentucky product makes a full return to practice, it won't mean that he's ready to hit the court in a game immediately.
"He's got to practice at least probably three to four days before we can actually put him in game -- to make sure that the knee doesn't swell up," he said. "When that is, I don't know."
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.