Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe's workload increases in rehab
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports the fourth-year guard has increased his workload in his rehabilitation. Bledsoe was seen after practice shooting 15- to 18-foot shots around the perimeter and was able to jump slightly. He was also able to do a drill where he would backpedal to a cone before taking two dribbles forward and shooting from around the free-throw area.
"They [the team's training staff] give him a little bit more every day. So he's gradually building up," head coach Jeff Hornacek said Monday. "And now he's able to shoot the ball and go through those drills. So, he's looking good."
The first-year Suns coach stressed that there's still no target date for the return of Bledsoe, who has posted 18 points and 5.8 assists per game this season on 48.6 percent shooting. The team has gone 11-10 since he was sidelined.
Hornacek added that even when the Kentucky product makes a full return to practice, it won't mean that he's ready to hit the court in a game immediately.
"He's got to practice at least probably three to four days before we can actually put him in game -- to make sure that the knee doesn't swell up," he said. "When that is, I don't know."
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.