Updated Feb 16, 2014 - 11:16 am
Suns' Goran Dragic knocked out of All-Star Skills Challenge in Round 1
On Saturday, the Phoenix Suns guard participated in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge in New Orleans, La., as part of the NBA's All-Star Weekend and, despite his best efforts, he was knocked out of the competition in the first round.
The challenge was set up to feature two teams from the Eastern Conference and two from the Western Conference, with one from each conference advancing to the final.
The East paired rookies Michael Carter-Williams and Victor Oladipo with one another along with Giannis Antetokounmpo and DeMar DeRozan as its second tandem.
The West, meanwhile, put defending skills challenge champion Damian Lillard with Trey Burke and Dragic with Reggie Jackson.
The competition spans the entire court, with both members of the team having to score a lay-in bucket, dribble through three obstacles, chest-pass a ball through a tire and hit a three-point shot at the top of the key.
Dragic's team went third in the competition and logged the best time of the event to that point, but they were ultimately outdone by Lillard and Burke. Dragic and Jackson logged a time of 42.3 seconds while Lillard and Burke finished at 40.5 in the first round.
Both Dragic and Jackson missed their first three-point attempts, but the Oklahoma City guard's seemingly lackadaisical effort proved the most costly, as pointed out by television analyst Reggie Miller. Dragic showed no such lack of urgency, putting forth his signature hustle throughout the competition.
Lillard and Burke won the final round of the event, as well, with a time of 45.2 seconds.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.