After losing Wednesday night, they're 8-4 in their last 12 games. They compete every night; it doesn't mean they're good every night, but they play like the Dogs of War are nipping at their heels every night.
Houston is a good team, 15 games over .500, and they're playing well. They were playing at home. They had won three in a row coming into Wednesday night and were 7-3 in their last 10 games. They're a good team.
But there is cause for concern when you think of Miles Plumlee, a guy that has been an integral piece to the Suns' unforeseen success. Miles has got to step it up. I think he's getting a little worn down mentally. He's not moving as well as he did. He's getting a lot of minutes, minutes he has never had the opportunity to get, previously. He plays hard but needs to push himself even more, not back off and pace himself.
And he doesn't look as confident as he did earlier in the year. He looks tentative with the ball. Dwight Howard smelled smoke while posting up on Plumlee and it wasn't coming from his hot hand. Howard rolled Plumlee up and smoked him like a big, fat Cuban and finished with a plus/minus that looked like Wall Street. Plumlee's plus/minus looked like Sochi.
It's OK, it happens. I have been there myself, many times. You think you're giving all you possess but you're really not and need to dig deeper, prepare harder. I'm sure the coaches are in his ear and expect to see him rebound, literally and figuratively.
The All-Star break should serve him well. But he's officially on the Suns' supernova watch.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.