Report: Former Suns guard Shannon Brown signs 10-day contract with San Antonio
The Suns traded Brown along with Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall and Malcolm Lee to the Wizards just a few days before the 2013-14 regular season started. Washington subsequently released all but Gortat. Phoenix got Emeka Okafor and a lottery-protected first round draft pick in the deal.
Marshall began playing in the Development League and eventually got a shot with the Los Angeles Lakers in late December, proceeding to start 15 of the 19 games in which he's played for the team.
Despite scoring 10.7 points per game and making 107 three-pointers in his two years in Phoenix, Brown was not able find any takers in the NBA -- until Saturday.
Yahoo! Sports writer Marc J. Spears tweeted that the San Antonio Spurs have signed the former Michigan State standout to a 10-day contract. The Spurs were looking for some backcourt help after Manu Ginobili went down with a hamstring injury that will keep him out three-to-four weeks.
If Brown plays his cards right during this 10-day audition, the Spurs could sign the 28-year-old guard to a second 10-day contract if they wish and/or the team could sign him for the remainder of the season.
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.