Report: Former Suns guard Shannon Brown signs 10-day contract with San Antonio
The Suns traded Brown along with Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall and Malcolm Lee to the Wizards just a few days before the 2013-14 regular season started. Washington subsequently released all but Gortat. Phoenix got Emeka Okafor and a lottery-protected first round draft pick in the deal.
Marshall began playing in the Development League and eventually got a shot with the Los Angeles Lakers in late December, proceeding to start 15 of the 19 games in which he's played for the team.
Despite scoring 10.7 points per game and making 107 three-pointers in his two years in Phoenix, Brown was not able find any takers in the NBA -- until Saturday.
Yahoo! Sports writer Marc J. Spears tweeted that the San Antonio Spurs have signed the former Michigan State standout to a 10-day contract. The Spurs were looking for some backcourt help after Manu Ginobili went down with a hamstring injury that will keep him out three-to-four weeks.
If Brown plays his cards right during this 10-day audition, the Spurs could sign the 28-year-old guard to a second 10-day contract if they wish and/or the team could sign him for the remainder of the season.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.