Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa for remainder of the season
The team announced Tuesday it will keep the veteran guard past his second 10-day contract, guaranteeing him a spot on the roster as they push toward the playoffs.
Barbosa, 31, signed his first 10-day contract with the team on Jan. 8 and has appeared in nine games for the team, averaging 8.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2 assists in just more than 21 minutes per game.
This is Barbosa's second stint the Suns. Acquired from the San Antonio Spurs in a draft day trade in 2003, he played the first seven years of his NBA career in the Valley, with his best coming in 2006-07 when he averaged 18.1 points and 4 assists per game. He won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award that season.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.