Phoenix Suns' Babby says this season has been 'exhilarating'
At the time, the Suns were a dismal 13-28 and heading nowhere.
It was a bad time for the organization, and it was only going to get worse.
Things are different now.
With a 24-17 record at the new season's midway point, the Suns are very much in the playoff race and turning heads on a nightly basis.
"The word I would use, I think, is 'exhilarating,'" Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Thursday. "I think the season has been exhilarating on every level just in terms of the success we're having, the coaching that we're getting, the excitement in the way we play."
Babby noted that the postgame scene after Wednesday's 124-100 win over the Indiana Pacers was one of excitement and happiness, which is a stark contrast from where things were one year ago.
"It's exciting and I find the whole thing exhilarating, particularly in juxtaposition to where we were a year ago," he said, adding that he'd also use the word "optimism" to describe this season. "There's a sense of optimism surrounding our group now in a way that we haven't had in a year or so. So I think everybody sees that we're making progress."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.