Phoenix Suns' Babby says this season has been 'exhilarating'
At the time, the Suns were a dismal 13-28 and heading nowhere.
It was a bad time for the organization, and it was only going to get worse.
Things are different now.
With a 24-17 record at the new season's midway point, the Suns are very much in the playoff race and turning heads on a nightly basis.
"The word I would use, I think, is 'exhilarating,'" Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Thursday. "I think the season has been exhilarating on every level just in terms of the success we're having, the coaching that we're getting, the excitement in the way we play."
Babby noted that the postgame scene after Wednesday's 124-100 win over the Indiana Pacers was one of excitement and happiness, which is a stark contrast from where things were one year ago.
"It's exciting and I find the whole thing exhilarating, particularly in juxtaposition to where we were a year ago," he said, adding that he'd also use the word "optimism" to describe this season. "There's a sense of optimism surrounding our group now in a way that we haven't had in a year or so. So I think everybody sees that we're making progress."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t