Phoenix Suns' Babby says this season has been 'exhilarating'
At the time, the Suns were a dismal 13-28 and heading nowhere.
It was a bad time for the organization, and it was only going to get worse.
Things are different now.
With a 24-17 record at the new season's midway point, the Suns are very much in the playoff race and turning heads on a nightly basis.
"The word I would use, I think, is 'exhilarating,'" Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Thursday. "I think the season has been exhilarating on every level just in terms of the success we're having, the coaching that we're getting, the excitement in the way we play."
Babby noted that the postgame scene after Wednesday's 124-100 win over the Indiana Pacers was one of excitement and happiness, which is a stark contrast from where things were one year ago.
"It's exciting and I find the whole thing exhilarating, particularly in juxtaposition to where we were a year ago," he said, adding that he'd also use the word "optimism" to describe this season. "There's a sense of optimism surrounding our group now in a way that we haven't had in a year or so. So I think everybody sees that we're making progress."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.