Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 8:59 am
Gerald Green shines as the Phoenix Suns rout the Indiana Pacers
But that certainly didn't appear to be the case Wednesday, as Phoenix routed Indiana 124-100 at U.S. Airways Center behind a monster game from Green and bounce-back outing from Plumlee.
Green scored a team-high 23 points on 6-of-13 shooting, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range and a coast-to-coast highlight dunk. Green also grabbed six rebounds and dished two assists.
But, the veteran said he had no extra motivation facing his former squad.
"This is my seventh team in all of my career, I've been down this road before," he said. "I didn't change anything up. I stayed doing the same stuff; just kept my mind focused on what I needed to do as far as being solid, being efficient.
"Tonight was a good win for us -- that's a great ball club that we just played."
Plumlee scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds -- an area he'd been struggling in of late.
And Scola, whom the Suns parted with in the deal, scored 5 points and pulled down 5 rebounds.
Phoenix scored 62 first-half points, the most that the Pacers -- the NBA's best defensive team -- have allowed in a half this season.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.