By the Numbers: Frye leads Phoenix Suns past Denver Nuggets
Loser of six of its last nine entering Sunday's game against the Denver Nuggets, Phoenix found itself in its worst rut of the season. And with Bledsoe's loss combined with a shoulder injury that kept Leandro Barbosa out of two games, things weren't looking up for the Suns.
But Barbosa returned Sunday, Channing Frye scored a season-high 30 points, and Phoenix ran past Denver 117-103 for a much-needed easy win in front of 16,211 at U.S. Airways Center.
Here's a look back at the Suns' victory by the numbers:
The Suns trailed for exactly 0 seconds on Sunday, after starting the game on an 8-0 run. Denver eventually tied the game at 19, but Phoenix steadily pulled away from there.
The Suns improved to 3-0 against the Nuggets this season, and have a chance to sweep the season series when they meet in Denver on Feb. 18.
Barbosa scored 13 points in his return from a shoulder injury on 6-of-13 shooting from the field.
Rookie center Alex Len played 16 minutes in the best performance of his young career, scoring nine points and grabbing six rebounds.
Frye's 30 points were a season high, and just three short of his career high. He shot 12 of 16 from the field and 5 of 7 from 3-point range.
It took Phoenix 68 games to reach the 23-win mark last season, when it won just 25 games. Sunday's win over Denver marked the Suns' 23rd win of the season in their 40th game -- almost two months earlier than last season.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea