Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa to second 10-day contract
Barbosa was signed Jan. 8 before the Suns took on the Minnesota Timberwolves. The 31-year-old guard played in four contests of a five-game road trip, averaging 9.3 points and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 37.8 percent from the floor.
His best performance came Monday at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks, in which he scored 21 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter.
The 11-year veteran missed the team's last two games with a shoulder injury, but Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports Barbosa said Friday that he hopes to be ready for Sunday's contest against the Denver Nuggets at US Airways Center.
NBA rules allow for back-to-back 10-day deals to be made before a team has to decide whether or not to sign a player for the rest of the season or to let him walk.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t