Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa to second 10-day contract
Barbosa was signed Jan. 8 before the Suns took on the Minnesota Timberwolves. The 31-year-old guard played in four contests of a five-game road trip, averaging 9.3 points and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 37.8 percent from the floor.
His best performance came Monday at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks, in which he scored 21 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter.
The 11-year veteran missed the team's last two games with a shoulder injury, but Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports Barbosa said Friday that he hopes to be ready for Sunday's contest against the Denver Nuggets at US Airways Center.
NBA rules allow for back-to-back 10-day deals to be made before a team has to decide whether or not to sign a player for the rest of the season or to let him walk.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.