By the Numbers: Suns outlast Lakers to snap skid
The Suns had lost five of their seven games since guard Eric Bledsoe was sidelined with a knee injury, and they again had to play shorthanded Tuesday.
Leandro Barbosa was out with a shoulder injury, and center Alex Len was ejected for a Flagrant 2 foul midway through the second quarter. Still, the Suns were able to beat a team that they should -- something Phoenix has typically done this year.
Here's a closer look at the Suns' high-scoring win over rival Los Angeles:
Minutes for Barbosa, who was a game-time decision after suffering a shoulder injury late in Monday's overtime loss to the New York Knicks.
Block by every Suns starter. Len added one of his own off the bench.
Ejections at the 7:33 mark of the second quarter, after Len fouled Los Angeles forward Nick Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was called for a Flagrant 2 foul, also an automatic ejection.
Game losing streak ended by the Suns' seven-point win over their division rival.
Consecutive wins over the Lakers for the Suns dating back to last season.
Every Suns starter was at least +6 for the game, and four were at least +10. Not a single Lakers' starter was in positive for Tuesday's game.
Fast-break points for the Lakers.
Turnovers for each team, though the Lakers had more assists (26) than the Suns (23).
Combined points between Channing Frye (20), Gerald Green (28) and Markieff Morris (24).
Combined points in the paint (64), a season high, and fast break points (36) for the Suns.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.