Updated Jan 16, 2014 - 1:53 pm
Alex Len and Nick Young ejected as Phoenix Suns beat Los Angeles Lakers
At the 7:33 mark of the quarter, Len fouled Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Suns guard Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was assessed a Flagrant 2 foul on the play, also an automatic ejection.
"It was a hard foul," Young said. "I just reacted, got caught up in the moment like anybody would have. It was a tough foul. What I'm mad about is it was just one on five, I felt like."
Young, who said he felt bad over what happened between he and Dragic on the play, was upset over the fact that his teammates didn't join in the fray and stick up for him.
"But it is what it is. It's basketball and that's what happens."
Over with the Suns, though, there was no shortage of players sticking up for their teammates.
"I hate that happened to the rookie Len, I don't think that was intentional," Gerald Green said after the game. "Hope the NBA doesn't do anything, but if it does I'll take care of it."
Suns forward Marcus Morris earned a technical foul on the play. Len scored two points and grabbed three rebounds in four minutes. Young scored nine points to go along with three rebounds and an assist before his ejection.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.