Updated Jan 16, 2014 - 1:53 pm
Alex Len and Nick Young ejected as Phoenix Suns beat Los Angeles Lakers
At the 7:33 mark of the quarter, Len fouled Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Suns guard Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was assessed a Flagrant 2 foul on the play, also an automatic ejection.
"It was a hard foul," Young said. "I just reacted, got caught up in the moment like anybody would have. It was a tough foul. What I'm mad about is it was just one on five, I felt like."
Young, who said he felt bad over what happened between he and Dragic on the play, was upset over the fact that his teammates didn't join in the fray and stick up for him.
"But it is what it is. It's basketball and that's what happens."
Over with the Suns, though, there was no shortage of players sticking up for their teammates.
"I hate that happened to the rookie Len, I don't think that was intentional," Gerald Green said after the game. "Hope the NBA doesn't do anything, but if it does I'll take care of it."
Suns forward Marcus Morris earned a technical foul on the play. Len scored two points and grabbed three rebounds in four minutes. Young scored nine points to go along with three rebounds and an assist before his ejection.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.