Updated Jan 16, 2014 - 1:53 pm
Alex Len and Nick Young ejected as Phoenix Suns beat Los Angeles Lakers
At the 7:33 mark of the quarter, Len fouled Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Suns guard Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was assessed a Flagrant 2 foul on the play, also an automatic ejection.
"It was a hard foul," Young said. "I just reacted, got caught up in the moment like anybody would have. It was a tough foul. What I'm mad about is it was just one on five, I felt like."
Young, who said he felt bad over what happened between he and Dragic on the play, was upset over the fact that his teammates didn't join in the fray and stick up for him.
"But it is what it is. It's basketball and that's what happens."
Over with the Suns, though, there was no shortage of players sticking up for their teammates.
"I hate that happened to the rookie Len, I don't think that was intentional," Gerald Green said after the game. "Hope the NBA doesn't do anything, but if it does I'll take care of it."
Suns forward Marcus Morris earned a technical foul on the play. Len scored two points and grabbed three rebounds in four minutes. Young scored nine points to go along with three rebounds and an assist before his ejection.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.