Updated Jan 10, 2014 - 1:10 pm
Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe undergoes successful surgery
The procedure was performed in Phoenix by team doctor and surgeon Thomas Carter. The team says Bledsoe will immediately begin a recovery and rehabilitation program and has hope that he may be able to return at some point in the season's second half.
And according to Arizona Sports 98.7's John Gambadoro, that's precisely what's going to happen.
Bledsoe will return this season because his meniscus was removed not repaired. So 4-6 week to return.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) January 10, 2014
In his first year with the Suns, Bledsoe has averaged 18 points, 5.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds in 24 games.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.