Updated Jan 8, 2014 - 10:32 pm
By the Numbers: Suns rally late, top Timberwolves on road
But since when has something like that fazed this version of the Suns?
Gerald Green's jumper from the corner gave the Suns their only lead from the fourth quarter, and Phoenix's defense held on Minnesota's final possession for a 104-103 win at the Target Center Wednesday in Minneapolis.
Here's a closer look at the Suns' thrilling come-from-behind win:
Four different Phoenix players scored during the Suns' 7-0 run to close the game - P.J. Tucker, Goran Dragic, Markieff Morris and Gerald Green.
The Suns found themselves down six points with 1:35 to play, but closed on a 7-0 run to pull out the one-point win.
Rookie center Alex Len played 12 minutes in his second game back from an ankle injury, scoring two points on 1-of-3 shooting. Len grabbed five rebounds in the game -- four of which came on the offensive end.
Suns guard Leandro Barbosa played 13 minutes in his return to the NBA, though he was clearly rusty. Barbosa scored three points on 1-of-6 shooting and 1-of-2 from the free throw line. He also grabbed three rebounds and dished out three assists.
Suns guard Goran Dragic scored 26 points while playing 41 minutes and experiencing an increased workload without the injured Eric Bledsoe. Dragic also dished nine assists and grabbed six rebounds while turning the ball over just three times.
Suns forward Channing Frye shot 50 percent from 3-point range, knocking down 5-of-10 shots behind the arc. Frye scored 22 points to go along with five rebounds.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.