Updated Jan 7, 2014 - 10:03 pm
By the numbers: Chicago Bulls hold off Phoenix Suns 92-87
The Suns starters only combined for five assists. Point guard Goran Dragic had the most on the starting unit (2). The entire team only assisted each other 12 teams. Ish Smith's three dishes led the team. The Bulls, meanwhile, rang up 26 assists as a team.
Rookie center Alex Len played six minutes against Chicago in his first action on the court since Nov. 20. His playing time was more than he saw in his previous two games. The former Maryland big man posted three points and two rebounds.
Smith scored a season high 10 points Tuesday, hitting four out of eight shots, although he missed all three of his 3-pointers.
Dragic led all scorers with 21 points. It was the 12th time this season he's posted 20 or more points.
Starting forwards Channing Frye and P.J. Tucker combined for just 15 points against the Bulls. Frye scored 11 in 27 minutes, while Tucker posted four in 20 minutes.
Forward Markieff Morris hit just two of his nine shots from the field, including two missed 3-point attempts. He did, however, post six rebounds and three blocked shots.
The Suns made only six of their 23 three-point attempts. Gerald Green shot a team-high 10 from downtown, making three.
Chicago grabbed 50 rebounds Tuesday, besting the Suns' 41 boards. Center Joakim Noah led all rebounders with 19. Forward Taj Gibson, starting in place of injured Carlos Boozer, grabbed 10 to go with his team-high 19 points.
The Suns had a chance to bring their record to .500 in the all-time regular season series against Chicago. The Bulls now led the all-time series 65-63. The teams have met only once in the playoffs, when the Michael Jordan-led Bulls beat the Charles Barkley-led Suns 4-2 in the 1993 NBA Finals.
The 87 points the Suns managed in Chicago was tied for their second lowest total in a game all season. Their lowest output was in a 115-86 blowout loss to the Golden State Warriors on Dec. 27.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.