Updated Jan 5, 2014 - 3:41 pm
Leandro Barbosa to return to Phoenix Suns on 10-day contract
Barbosa, 31, is presumably being brought in for insurance purposes with Eric Bledsoe sidelined by a right knee sprain suffered during the Suns' win against the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.
The 6-foot-3, 194-pound combo guard broke into the NBA with the Suns back in 2003 and went on to spend a seven-year stint with the organization. He has since spent time with the Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards and Boston Celtics, whom he played for last season while Suns general manager Ryan McDonough was still with the organization.
Barbosa has averaged 12.0 points per game, 2.4 assists per game over the course of his 11-year NBA career. A lifetime 46 percent shooter, Barbosa averaged less than 20 minutes per game in each of his final two seasons in the league.
He suffered a torn ACL in his left knee while with the Celtics last February.
Prior to signing with the Suns on Sunday, Barbosa was playing in Brazil's NBB on Esporte Clube Pinheiros.
The Phoenix Suns are working to finalize a 10 day contract with former sun Leandra Barbosa— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) January 5, 2014
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.