Updated Jan 3, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Mid-90s Phoenix Suns jerseys called fourth-best of that decade
Their best stretch started in 1992 when the team traded for Charles Barkley, moved into America West Arena and started wearing new uniforms.
And while Barkley was great (winning the 1993 MVP award) and the arena made for a pleasant viewing experience, it was the jerseys that many fans will remember from that era.
So perhaps it's fitting that they came in fourth for the best NBA jerseys of the 90s, at least according to USA Today's Sean Highkin.
The Suns' early-'90s rebrand, synonymous with Barkley's tenure there and the team's trip to the 1993 Finals, is still their best look. The team's brand-new redesign for this season features a callback to the shooting-star logo across the front of these jerseys, but the simplicity and color scheme of the original can't be topped.
The only duds to be ranked higher than the Suns' belonged to the Charlotte Hornets, Denver Nuggets and Orlando Magic.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- ESPN NBA analyst: Suns have nothing to be ashamed of
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org