Updated Jan 3, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Mid-90s Phoenix Suns jerseys called fourth-best of that decade
Their best stretch started in 1992 when the team traded for Charles Barkley, moved into America West Arena and started wearing new uniforms.
And while Barkley was great (winning the 1993 MVP award) and the arena made for a pleasant viewing experience, it was the jerseys that many fans will remember from that era.
So perhaps it's fitting that they came in fourth for the best NBA jerseys of the 90s, at least according to USA Today's Sean Highkin.
The Suns' early-'90s rebrand, synonymous with Barkley's tenure there and the team's trip to the 1993 Finals, is still their best look. The team's brand-new redesign for this season features a callback to the shooting-star logo across the front of these jerseys, but the simplicity and color scheme of the original can't be topped.
The only duds to be ranked higher than the Suns' belonged to the Charlotte Hornets, Denver Nuggets and Orlando Magic.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.