Updated Jan 3, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Mid-90s Phoenix Suns jerseys called fourth-best of that decade
Their best stretch started in 1992 when the team traded for Charles Barkley, moved into America West Arena and started wearing new uniforms.
And while Barkley was great (winning the 1993 MVP award) and the arena made for a pleasant viewing experience, it was the jerseys that many fans will remember from that era.
So perhaps it's fitting that they came in fourth for the best NBA jerseys of the 90s, at least according to USA Today's Sean Highkin.
The Suns' early-'90s rebrand, synonymous with Barkley's tenure there and the team's trip to the 1993 Finals, is still their best look. The team's brand-new redesign for this season features a callback to the shooting-star logo across the front of these jerseys, but the simplicity and color scheme of the original can't be topped.
The only duds to be ranked higher than the Suns' belonged to the Charlotte Hornets, Denver Nuggets and Orlando Magic.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.