Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek named Western Conference Coach of the Month
Hornacek joins Larry Bird and Larry Drew as the only people in NBA history to win the monthly honor as both a player and as a coach, with Hornacek being the first to win both honors with the same franchise.
It's Hornacek's first career NBA Coach of the Month award, and the sixth won by a Suns coach. Alvin Gentry got the honor in Nov. 2009 and March 2010, Mike D'Antoni won in Dec. 2004, Feb. 2006 and Dec. 2006, Frank Johnson did so in Dec. 2002, and the late Cotton Fitzsimmons won in April 1989, Feb. 1990 and Dec. 1991.
In all, Hornacek's is the 12th monthly selection in franchise history. Overall, Hornacek's 19-11 mark is the second-best by a Suns head coach through his first 30 games, trailing only Paul Westphal, who went 24-6 in 1992-93.
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- P.J. Tucker and cash deserved
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.