Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek named Western Conference Coach of the Month
Hornacek joins Larry Bird and Larry Drew as the only people in NBA history to win the monthly honor as both a player and as a coach, with Hornacek being the first to win both honors with the same franchise.
It's Hornacek's first career NBA Coach of the Month award, and the sixth won by a Suns coach. Alvin Gentry got the honor in Nov. 2009 and March 2010, Mike D'Antoni won in Dec. 2004, Feb. 2006 and Dec. 2006, Frank Johnson did so in Dec. 2002, and the late Cotton Fitzsimmons won in April 1989, Feb. 1990 and Dec. 1991.
In all, Hornacek's is the 12th monthly selection in franchise history. Overall, Hornacek's 19-11 mark is the second-best by a Suns head coach through his first 30 games, trailing only Paul Westphal, who went 24-6 in 1992-93.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.