Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek named Western Conference Coach of the Month
Hornacek joins Larry Bird and Larry Drew as the only people in NBA history to win the monthly honor as both a player and as a coach, with Hornacek being the first to win both honors with the same franchise.
It's Hornacek's first career NBA Coach of the Month award, and the sixth won by a Suns coach. Alvin Gentry got the honor in Nov. 2009 and March 2010, Mike D'Antoni won in Dec. 2004, Feb. 2006 and Dec. 2006, Frank Johnson did so in Dec. 2002, and the late Cotton Fitzsimmons won in April 1989, Feb. 1990 and Dec. 1991.
In all, Hornacek's is the 12th monthly selection in franchise history. Overall, Hornacek's 19-11 mark is the second-best by a Suns head coach through his first 30 games, trailing only Paul Westphal, who went 24-6 in 1992-93.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?