Plumlee's career-high 22 lead Suns past 76ers
PHOENIX (AP) - Miles Plumlee scored a career-high 22 points to go with 13 rebounds, and the Phoenix Suns bounced back from their worst loss of the season to beat the Philadelphia 76ers 115-101 Saturday night.
Goran Dragic added 21 points and Eric Bledsoe 20 for the Suns, who have won nine of 11. Marcus Morris made three fourth-quarter 3-pointers and scored 18.
Thaddeus Young scored 30 points, Michael Carter-Williams 27 and Tony Wroten 22 for the 76ers, who lost their 13th road game in a row and have dropped nine of 10 overall.
Evan Turner, Philadelphia's leading scorer at 19.3 points per game, sat out to rest his sore right knee.
Phoenix lost 115-86 at Golden State on Friday night. The 76ers hadn't played in a week and had been in Arizona since Thursday.
Plumlee left the game to get seven stitches for a cut on his chin in the second half but returned.
Philadelphia stayed in it for a while with 3-point shooting, going 9 for 16 in the first half to trail just 60-59, but the Sixers were 2 of 13 on 3s in the second half.
Carter-Williams and Young opened the third quarter with 3-pointers to put the 76ers up 65-59, then Plumlee scored inside and converted a three-point play to tie it at 65.
Bledsoe's 3-pointer from the corner put Phoenix up 70-67 with 8:32 left, igniting a 15-4 run that put the Suns ahead 82-71 after Dragic stole the ball from Wroten and made the breakaway layup with 4:49 to play in the quarter. Phoenix led the rest of the way.
The Suns led 88-81 entering the fourth.
A pair of free throws by Young cut it to 96-90 with 6:43 to play, but Morris sank consecutive 3s from the top of the key, then Dragic banked in a 3-pointer and Phoenix was in control 105-90 with 4:22 left.
NOTES: Young's string of 10 consecutive 3-pointers ended when he misfired with 6 minutes to go in the second quarter. ... Philadelphia won its first road game of the season and none since. ... The Suns improved to 11-4 at home. ... Phoenix was the second stop on a six-game road trip for Philadelphia.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.