Suns Strokes: Curry's triple-double leads Golden State to rout of Suns
That it took 28 games into the 2013-14 season might be a surprise. That it occurred in one of the toughest venues in the NBA, Oracle Arena, was not.
The Phoenix Suns had endured double-digit road losses this season in Memphis and in Miami, but nothing like the convincing blowout the Golden State Warriors laid on them in a 115-86 affair Friday night.
Stephen Curry recorded his second triple-double -- 14 points, 16 assists and 13 rebounds -- of the season, David Lee pitched in 17 points, seven rebounds and five assists and the Warriors took full advantage of 16 turnovers in a complete dismantling of the Suns.
Even though the Suns were thoroughly outplayed Friday, P.J. Tucker managed to record his second double-double of the season, scoring 11 points to go along with 12 boards.
Phoenix played a total of 12 players, however Tucker was the only one to reach double-figure scoring.
The Suns scored a season-low 86 points on 36 percent (32-of-89) shooting from the field.
After hitting 29 three-point shots in wins of the Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix came back down to earth, connecting on just 4-of-23 from distance.
Gerald Green had been on fire of late, hitting 16-of-31 three-point attempts in his last three contests. Green finished with seven points on 1-of-5 shooting from downtown Friday.
STAT OF THE GAME
The Suns finished the night with more turnovers (16) than assists (12).
Phoenix's last loss by 20 or more points came in its 2012-13 season finale in Denver.
The Suns have not won in Golden State since Feb. 2011.
Jeff Hornacek's squad entered play Friday leading the league with 19.0 fast-break points per game. Phoenix finished with just 10 against Golden State.
The Suns will have a chance to quickly move on from their shortcomings against the Warriors, as they face the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday night at US Airways Center in the second game of a back-to-back. Tip-off is at 7:00 p.m. MST and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.