Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
PHOENIX -- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas was among 151 people arrested in a pre-holiday roundup of theft suspects sought in multiple cases in Arizona.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Dumas was arrested Thursday in Litchfield Park on a warrant charging him with eight counts of organized retail theft.
Marshals Service spokesman Frederick Freeman said Dumas was charged in a Maricopa County indictment stemming from a Glendale Police Department investigation.
Dumas, 44, was arrested on suspicion of eight counts of organized retail theft, totaling just under $800, from the Luke Air Force Base's exchange store while working with a janitorial service, according to authorities.
Glendale police said Dumas was seen on surveillance cameras in the exchange store in September and October 2012 taking items, including cigarettes, alcohol, food items, DVDs and shoes.
Another employee that worked with Dumas, 44-year-old Hugo Abraham, is suspected of stealing about $4,000 worth of goods.
They turned the case over to the county attorney's office in February 2013.
Dumas was booked into a county jail late Thursday but was out Friday after posting $7,500 bond. He has a Dec. 26 arraignment and it wasn't immediately known if he has a lawyer.
Dumas played for the Suns from 1992 to 1995 and helped Phoenix reach the NBA Finals in 1993. He was waived by the Suns in 1995 after he missed drug testing.
The Marshals Service said the roundup was conducted Tuesday through Thursday by multiple agencies in the Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and Flagstaff areas.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.