Suns Strokes: Phoenix snaps Portland's 11-game winning streak
For Goran Dragic.
For Channing Frye.
For a Suns win.
They beat the Trail Blazers 120-106 in front of 12,731 at US Airways Center Wednesday, snapping the Trail Blazers' 11-game winning streak.
Dragic tied a season-high with 31 points. Frye set a season-high with 25. The two veterans accounted for 23 of the Suns' 40 second-quarter points as they rallied from a 16-point deficit.
Five players scored in double figures, including both Morris twins. Markieff Morris led the effort off the bench with 15 of his 19 points in the second half. Marcus Morris added 15, marking the third straight game in which both twins have scored in double-digits.
The Suns have now dealt the Trail Blazers two of their three losses this season.
Dragic recorded his third double-double of the season with 10 assists to go along with his 31 points.
Gerald Green scored 10 points, his sixth straight game in double-digits.
The Suns set season-highs for most points scored (120) and highest field goal percentage (51.9).
The Suns improved to 5-2 at home, the team's best seven-game start at US Airways Center since the 2009-10 season (7-0).
The Suns looked like they started their Thanksgiving Day celebration early. Shooting 36.4 percent, the Suns scored 21 points compared to the Trail Blazers' 32-point first quarter effort, which included 18 points in the paint.
STAT OF THE GAME
The Suns outscored the Trail Blazers 48-19 over a 12:21 stretch spanning the second and third quarters to flip a 16-point deficit into a 13-point lead.
HE SAID IT
"I'm glad we don't have to play Phoenix until April," Blazers head coach Terry Stotts said. "They played an excellent game. They've played us very well. I don't know, we'll see April 4th if anything changes between now and then."
Eric Bledsoe (bruised shin) was in uniform but did not play, missing his sixth straight game.
Former Suns player turned NBA TV analyst Grant Hill sat courtside with managing partner Robert Sarver.
Frye, over his last four games, has twice scored 20 or more points and is averaging 18.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.75 steals and 1.25 blocks while shooting 57.1 percent (28-of-49) from the field and 48.3 percent (14-of-29) from three-point distance.
The Suns hit the road for a brief one-game trip. They travel to Utah for a match-up against the Jazz on Friday, November 29. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. with pregame coverage beginning 30 minutes earlier on Arizona Sports 620.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.