ESPN analyst impressed with what Phoenix Suns are doing
Expected to be one of the worst teams in the league, the Suns are off to a 3-2 start with their defeats being close losses on the road to two of the best teams in the Western Conference.
"I'm not going to make any judgments about any team in the first two weeks of the season because we don't know," he said, pointing to the Philadelphia 76ers who started fast but seem to be fading. "But boy, I love the new unis and I like their new attitude."
Barry said there's a chance the Suns, with young players like Miles Plumlee, Markieff Morris and Eric Bledsoe -- along with Goran Dragic -- playing well, that they could, maybe, compete for a postseason spot.
"It's a long season," he said. "There's a lot of good teams out there, and I wouldn't put a win total on them, that really doesn't matter. It's about creating a culture and Jeff (Hornacek) seems to be doing that.
"Guys are enjoying themselves again and Phoenix again is a fun team to watch, like so many years with Steve Nash and the gang."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.