Suns exercise options on Morris twins, Plumlee
Markieff Morris, the Suns' first-round pick in the 2011 draft, has averaged almost eight points and five rebounds in 145 games. The Suns traded for his twin brother, Marcus Morris, midway through last season, and he averaged 5.7 points in 23 games with Phoenix.
Phoenix acquired Plumlee this summer in a trade with the Indiana Pacers for forward Luis Scola that also sent Gerald Green and a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Suns. Plumlee played 14 games as a rookie, averaging less than a point per game, though he averaged 6.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocks with the Suns this preseason.
The Suns open the 2013 season Wednesday against the Portland Trailblazers with a 7 p.m. tipoff at U.S. Airways Center.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.