Suns exercise options on Morris twins, Plumlee
Markieff Morris, the Suns' first-round pick in the 2011 draft, has averaged almost eight points and five rebounds in 145 games. The Suns traded for his twin brother, Marcus Morris, midway through last season, and he averaged 5.7 points in 23 games with Phoenix.
Phoenix acquired Plumlee this summer in a trade with the Indiana Pacers for forward Luis Scola that also sent Gerald Green and a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Suns. Plumlee played 14 games as a rookie, averaging less than a point per game, though he averaged 6.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocks with the Suns this preseason.
The Suns open the 2013 season Wednesday against the Portland Trailblazers with a 7 p.m. tipoff at U.S. Airways Center.
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?