Suns exercise options on Morris twins, Plumlee
Markieff Morris, the Suns' first-round pick in the 2011 draft, has averaged almost eight points and five rebounds in 145 games. The Suns traded for his twin brother, Marcus Morris, midway through last season, and he averaged 5.7 points in 23 games with Phoenix.
Phoenix acquired Plumlee this summer in a trade with the Indiana Pacers for forward Luis Scola that also sent Gerald Green and a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Suns. Plumlee played 14 games as a rookie, averaging less than a point per game, though he averaged 6.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocks with the Suns this preseason.
The Suns open the 2013 season Wednesday against the Portland Trailblazers with a 7 p.m. tipoff at U.S. Airways Center.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.