Suns exercise options on Morris twins, Plumlee
Markieff Morris, the Suns' first-round pick in the 2011 draft, has averaged almost eight points and five rebounds in 145 games. The Suns traded for his twin brother, Marcus Morris, midway through last season, and he averaged 5.7 points in 23 games with Phoenix.
Phoenix acquired Plumlee this summer in a trade with the Indiana Pacers for forward Luis Scola that also sent Gerald Green and a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Suns. Plumlee played 14 games as a rookie, averaging less than a point per game, though he averaged 6.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocks with the Suns this preseason.
The Suns open the 2013 season Wednesday against the Portland Trailblazers with a 7 p.m. tipoff at U.S. Airways Center.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.