Twitter reacts to Phoenix Suns' trade of Marcin Gortat
In the trade's wake, commentary poured in via Twitter, both locally and nationally.
Really like that trade for Phoenix. Getting a top-12 protected pick in 2014 for Gortat is nice. And they can flip Okafor potentially.— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) October 25, 2013
Washington gets a healthy center in Gortat to make playoffs and Suns have an incredible haul with which to rebuild through the 2014 draft.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) October 25, 2013
Love the Suns trade; stockpiling picks way to go. Plus, trading Gortat means more time for Len which will accelerate his development— scott bordow (@sbordow) October 25, 2013
#Suns stockpiling picks, which is great. 1 downside: if they draft well, young players up for new deals at same time. (See Harden; James).— Bob Young (@BobYoungTHI) October 25, 2013
Of course, Gortat won't help the Wiz protect the rim, but he could be a great finisher for Wall to run with. Plus some rebounds.— scarypo (@sethpo) October 25, 2013
The #Suns this year will have the worst record in franchise history IMO and will be brutal to watch. But, the future is "bright."— Dave Zorn (@davezorn72) October 25, 2013
The draft pick is the steal in the deal for Phoenix, but think they could have done better for Gortat midseason near the trade deadline.— Brett Pollakoff (@BrettEP) October 25, 2013
Suns could have 4 first-round picks for 2014 draft. Suns, Pacers, Wizzards protected to 12 and TWolves protected to 13. WOW!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) October 25, 2013
Trading Gortat and not having Okafor ready to play means more time at Center for Channing Frye.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) October 25, 2013
Will be shocked if Okafor ever plays a minute in PHX. Suns didn't get him to play. Wiz could still have as much as $16M in cap room next yr.— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) October 25, 2013
Not that my twitter account is the pulse of the valley, but I have yet to get one from somebody who isn't impressed with this Suns trade.— Dave Burns (@Burns620) October 25, 2013
I'd say Ryan McDonough was a pretty good hire by the #Suns. And yes, that's a gigantic understatement.— Vince Marotta (@Vincemarotta) October 25, 2013
The Suns-Sixers games should be terrific this season. What's the sound of two teams tanking at once?— Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) October 25, 2013
This is quite the de-arms race between Sixers & Suns.— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) October 25, 2013
To Suns fans objecting to Gortat trade: have you been watching Miles Plumlee? And did you really think the team could win this year?— Dan Bickley (@danbickley) October 25, 2013
nene/gortat...I like that!!!!!— Marcin Gortat (@MGortat) October 25, 2013
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.