Stars sit as Green, Bledsoe lead Suns past Thunder
PHOENIX (AP) - Gerald Green and Eric Bledsoe both had 15 points and P.J. Tucker added 13 to lead the Phoenix Suns past the depleted Oklahoma City Thunder 88-76 in preseason play Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City was without Kevin Durant, Michael Westbrook, Nick Collison and Derek Fisher. Westbrook has a knee injury. Durant, Collison and Fisher were given the night off.
Phoenix's Goran Dragic sat out with a left ankle sprain.
The Suns' Markieff Morris was ejected in the third quarter on a flagrant foul two for throwing an elbow at Serge Ibaka.
Reggie Jackson scored 18 points for the Thunder.
Channing Frye had 12 points for the Suns, who led by 12 at halftime. A dunk by Green on an inbounds play and Marcus Morris' 3-pointer highlighted a 7-0 spurt that made it 54-35 in the third quarter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.