Stars sit as Green, Bledsoe lead Suns past Thunder
PHOENIX (AP) - Gerald Green and Eric Bledsoe both had 15 points and P.J. Tucker added 13 to lead the Phoenix Suns past the depleted Oklahoma City Thunder 88-76 in preseason play Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City was without Kevin Durant, Michael Westbrook, Nick Collison and Derek Fisher. Westbrook has a knee injury. Durant, Collison and Fisher were given the night off.
Phoenix's Goran Dragic sat out with a left ankle sprain.
The Suns' Markieff Morris was ejected in the third quarter on a flagrant foul two for throwing an elbow at Serge Ibaka.
Reggie Jackson scored 18 points for the Thunder.
Channing Frye had 12 points for the Suns, who led by 12 at halftime. A dunk by Green on an inbounds play and Marcus Morris' 3-pointer highlighted a 7-0 spurt that made it 54-35 in the third quarter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.