Stars sit as Green, Bledsoe lead Suns past Thunder
PHOENIX (AP) - Gerald Green and Eric Bledsoe both had 15 points and P.J. Tucker added 13 to lead the Phoenix Suns past the depleted Oklahoma City Thunder 88-76 in preseason play Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City was without Kevin Durant, Michael Westbrook, Nick Collison and Derek Fisher. Westbrook has a knee injury. Durant, Collison and Fisher were given the night off.
Phoenix's Goran Dragic sat out with a left ankle sprain.
The Suns' Markieff Morris was ejected in the third quarter on a flagrant foul two for throwing an elbow at Serge Ibaka.
Reggie Jackson scored 18 points for the Thunder.
Channing Frye had 12 points for the Suns, who led by 12 at halftime. A dunk by Green on an inbounds play and Marcus Morris' 3-pointer highlighted a 7-0 spurt that made it 54-35 in the third quarter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org