Stars sit as Green, Bledsoe lead Suns past Thunder
PHOENIX (AP) - Gerald Green and Eric Bledsoe both had 15 points and P.J. Tucker added 13 to lead the Phoenix Suns past the depleted Oklahoma City Thunder 88-76 in preseason play Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City was without Kevin Durant, Michael Westbrook, Nick Collison and Derek Fisher. Westbrook has a knee injury. Durant, Collison and Fisher were given the night off.
Phoenix's Goran Dragic sat out with a left ankle sprain.
The Suns' Markieff Morris was ejected in the third quarter on a flagrant foul two for throwing an elbow at Serge Ibaka.
Reggie Jackson scored 18 points for the Thunder.
Channing Frye had 12 points for the Suns, who led by 12 at halftime. A dunk by Green on an inbounds play and Marcus Morris' 3-pointer highlighted a 7-0 spurt that made it 54-35 in the third quarter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?