Stars sit as Green, Bledsoe lead Suns past Thunder
PHOENIX (AP) - Gerald Green and Eric Bledsoe both had 15 points and P.J. Tucker added 13 to lead the Phoenix Suns past the depleted Oklahoma City Thunder 88-76 in preseason play Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City was without Kevin Durant, Michael Westbrook, Nick Collison and Derek Fisher. Westbrook has a knee injury. Durant, Collison and Fisher were given the night off.
Phoenix's Goran Dragic sat out with a left ankle sprain.
The Suns' Markieff Morris was ejected in the third quarter on a flagrant foul two for throwing an elbow at Serge Ibaka.
Reggie Jackson scored 18 points for the Thunder.
Channing Frye had 12 points for the Suns, who led by 12 at halftime. A dunk by Green on an inbounds play and Marcus Morris' 3-pointer highlighted a 7-0 spurt that made it 54-35 in the third quarter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?