Charles Barkley questions how Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe fit together
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Tuesday, the Hall of Famer and TNT NBA analyst said any excitement over the acquisition of the former Clipper must be tempered because the two may not fit together.
"I'm not sure if he's a one or a two," Barkley said. "They're both, really to me, neither one of them is a point guard, to be honest with you."
Dragic started at point guard for the Suns last season, and finished the campaign averaging 14.7 points and 7.4 assists per night. He was especially good after the All-Star break, posting averages of 16.1 points and 9.5 assists per game.
Bledsoe, on the other hand, backed up Chris Paul in Los Angeles, averaging 8.5 points and 3.1 assists per game in the process. In 12 starts, he posted a line of 14.2 points, 5.3 assists per contest.
The Suns' plan seems to pair up the 6-foot-4 Dragic with the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe, with each taking turns as the "point guard" in the team's offense.
"I think that's going to cause two problems," Barkley continued. "Number one, I think they're both small, that's going to really hurt them on the defensive end.
"I'm not sure they can play together, to be honest with you. They're both really two guards, they both need the ball."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.