Charles Barkley questions how Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe fit together
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Tuesday, the Hall of Famer and TNT NBA analyst said any excitement over the acquisition of the former Clipper must be tempered because the two may not fit together.
"I'm not sure if he's a one or a two," Barkley said. "They're both, really to me, neither one of them is a point guard, to be honest with you."
Dragic started at point guard for the Suns last season, and finished the campaign averaging 14.7 points and 7.4 assists per night. He was especially good after the All-Star break, posting averages of 16.1 points and 9.5 assists per game.
Bledsoe, on the other hand, backed up Chris Paul in Los Angeles, averaging 8.5 points and 3.1 assists per game in the process. In 12 starts, he posted a line of 14.2 points, 5.3 assists per contest.
The Suns' plan seems to pair up the 6-foot-4 Dragic with the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe, with each taking turns as the "point guard" in the team's offense.
"I think that's going to cause two problems," Barkley continued. "Number one, I think they're both small, that's going to really hurt them on the defensive end.
"I'm not sure they can play together, to be honest with you. They're both really two guards, they both need the ball."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic 'just having fun'
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.
- Frank Isola, NY Daily News - Tuesday December 17The mess that is the NY Knicks, and what an east coast analyst thinks of the Suns.