Charles Barkley questions how Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe fit together
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Tuesday, the Hall of Famer and TNT NBA analyst said any excitement over the acquisition of the former Clipper must be tempered because the two may not fit together.
"I'm not sure if he's a one or a two," Barkley said. "They're both, really to me, neither one of them is a point guard, to be honest with you."
Dragic started at point guard for the Suns last season, and finished the campaign averaging 14.7 points and 7.4 assists per night. He was especially good after the All-Star break, posting averages of 16.1 points and 9.5 assists per game.
Bledsoe, on the other hand, backed up Chris Paul in Los Angeles, averaging 8.5 points and 3.1 assists per game in the process. In 12 starts, he posted a line of 14.2 points, 5.3 assists per contest.
The Suns' plan seems to pair up the 6-foot-4 Dragic with the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe, with each taking turns as the "point guard" in the team's offense.
"I think that's going to cause two problems," Barkley continued. "Number one, I think they're both small, that's going to really hurt them on the defensive end.
"I'm not sure they can play together, to be honest with you. They're both really two guards, they both need the ball."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain