Charles Barkley questions how Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe fit together
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Tuesday, the Hall of Famer and TNT NBA analyst said any excitement over the acquisition of the former Clipper must be tempered because the two may not fit together.
"I'm not sure if he's a one or a two," Barkley said. "They're both, really to me, neither one of them is a point guard, to be honest with you."
Dragic started at point guard for the Suns last season, and finished the campaign averaging 14.7 points and 7.4 assists per night. He was especially good after the All-Star break, posting averages of 16.1 points and 9.5 assists per game.
Bledsoe, on the other hand, backed up Chris Paul in Los Angeles, averaging 8.5 points and 3.1 assists per game in the process. In 12 starts, he posted a line of 14.2 points, 5.3 assists per contest.
The Suns' plan seems to pair up the 6-foot-4 Dragic with the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe, with each taking turns as the "point guard" in the team's offense.
"I think that's going to cause two problems," Barkley continued. "Number one, I think they're both small, that's going to really hurt them on the defensive end.
"I'm not sure they can play together, to be honest with you. They're both really two guards, they both need the ball."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.