Allen, Gasol lead Memphis past Maccabi Haifa
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Tony Allen scored 19 points, Marc Gasol added 17 and the Memphis Grizzlies beat Maccabi Haifa 116-70 in a preseason game Sunday night.
Memphis (1-2) led from the start, building the margin to as many as 46. Seven Grizzlies players were in double figures. In addition to Allen and Gasol, Jerryd Bayless finished with 12, while Zach Randolph had 11 points. Kosta Koufos had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
David Cubillan led Maccabi Haifa (0-3) with 17 points, while Brian Randle scored 14 points.
Memphis played most of its regulars as Gasol, Allen and reserve Quincy Pondexter saw their first action of the preseason.
The game was the last in a three-game swing through the NBA for Maccabi, which previously lost to the Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org