Allen, Gasol lead Memphis past Maccabi Haifa
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Tony Allen scored 19 points, Marc Gasol added 17 and the Memphis Grizzlies beat Maccabi Haifa 116-70 in a preseason game Sunday night.
Memphis (1-2) led from the start, building the margin to as many as 46. Seven Grizzlies players were in double figures. In addition to Allen and Gasol, Jerryd Bayless finished with 12, while Zach Randolph had 11 points. Kosta Koufos had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
David Cubillan led Maccabi Haifa (0-3) with 17 points, while Brian Randle scored 14 points.
Memphis played most of its regulars as Gasol, Allen and reserve Quincy Pondexter saw their first action of the preseason.
The game was the last in a three-game swing through the NBA for Maccabi, which previously lost to the Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.