Allen, Gasol lead Memphis past Maccabi Haifa
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Tony Allen scored 19 points, Marc Gasol added 17 and the Memphis Grizzlies beat Maccabi Haifa 116-70 in a preseason game Sunday night.
Memphis (1-2) led from the start, building the margin to as many as 46. Seven Grizzlies players were in double figures. In addition to Allen and Gasol, Jerryd Bayless finished with 12, while Zach Randolph had 11 points. Kosta Koufos had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
David Cubillan led Maccabi Haifa (0-3) with 17 points, while Brian Randle scored 14 points.
Memphis played most of its regulars as Gasol, Allen and reserve Quincy Pondexter saw their first action of the preseason.
The game was the last in a three-game swing through the NBA for Maccabi, which previously lost to the Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.