Allen, Gasol lead Memphis past Maccabi Haifa
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Tony Allen scored 19 points, Marc Gasol added 17 and the Memphis Grizzlies beat Maccabi Haifa 116-70 in a preseason game Sunday night.
Memphis (1-2) led from the start, building the margin to as many as 46. Seven Grizzlies players were in double figures. In addition to Allen and Gasol, Jerryd Bayless finished with 12, while Zach Randolph had 11 points. Kosta Koufos had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
David Cubillan led Maccabi Haifa (0-3) with 17 points, while Brian Randle scored 14 points.
Memphis played most of its regulars as Gasol, Allen and reserve Quincy Pondexter saw their first action of the preseason.
The game was the last in a three-game swing through the NBA for Maccabi, which previously lost to the Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.