Allen, Gasol lead Memphis past Maccabi Haifa
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Tony Allen scored 19 points, Marc Gasol added 17 and the Memphis Grizzlies beat Maccabi Haifa 116-70 in a preseason game Sunday night.
Memphis (1-2) led from the start, building the margin to as many as 46. Seven Grizzlies players were in double figures. In addition to Allen and Gasol, Jerryd Bayless finished with 12, while Zach Randolph had 11 points. Kosta Koufos had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
David Cubillan led Maccabi Haifa (0-3) with 17 points, while Brian Randle scored 14 points.
Memphis played most of its regulars as Gasol, Allen and reserve Quincy Pondexter saw their first action of the preseason.
The game was the last in a three-game swing through the NBA for Maccabi, which previously lost to the Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?