Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes big jump in ESPN's yearly player rankings
The jump is significant for Bledsoe; he came in at No. 122 a year earlier. Of course, no longer having to play behind Chris Paul in Los Angeles could do that to you. Bledsoe is expected to have a breakout season with his new team. He has a chance to become the team's star player, as evidenced by already being ranked higher than any other Sun.
Gortat fell 30 spots from where he was ranked a year earlier. He saw a dip in points after no longer having Steve Nash to run the pick-and-roll with him; he also missed the last two months of the season. Combine those factors with the fact he could be the subject of trade rumors and have the No. 5 pick of the draft, Alex Len, vying for playing time this season, and the Polish Hammer's standing in the league isn't as esteemed as it once was. Ironically, Gortat came in one spot ahead of Nash in this year's rankings.
Suns guard Goran Dragic fell out of the top 100 this year, coming in at No. 107; he was No. 83 heading into the 2012-13 season. Although he was one of the team's only bright spots in a year that saw them go 25-57, he seems to have fallen in the rankings largely due to the Suns' acquisition of Bledsoe, who may share point guard duties with him this season.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?