Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes big jump in ESPN's yearly player rankings
The jump is significant for Bledsoe; he came in at No. 122 a year earlier. Of course, no longer having to play behind Chris Paul in Los Angeles could do that to you. Bledsoe is expected to have a breakout season with his new team. He has a chance to become the team's star player, as evidenced by already being ranked higher than any other Sun.
Gortat fell 30 spots from where he was ranked a year earlier. He saw a dip in points after no longer having Steve Nash to run the pick-and-roll with him; he also missed the last two months of the season. Combine those factors with the fact he could be the subject of trade rumors and have the No. 5 pick of the draft, Alex Len, vying for playing time this season, and the Polish Hammer's standing in the league isn't as esteemed as it once was. Ironically, Gortat came in one spot ahead of Nash in this year's rankings.
Suns guard Goran Dragic fell out of the top 100 this year, coming in at No. 107; he was No. 83 heading into the 2012-13 season. Although he was one of the team's only bright spots in a year that saw them go 25-57, he seems to have fallen in the rankings largely due to the Suns' acquisition of Bledsoe, who may share point guard duties with him this season.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.