Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes big jump in ESPN's yearly player rankings
The jump is significant for Bledsoe; he came in at No. 122 a year earlier. Of course, no longer having to play behind Chris Paul in Los Angeles could do that to you. Bledsoe is expected to have a breakout season with his new team. He has a chance to become the team's star player, as evidenced by already being ranked higher than any other Sun.
Gortat fell 30 spots from where he was ranked a year earlier. He saw a dip in points after no longer having Steve Nash to run the pick-and-roll with him; he also missed the last two months of the season. Combine those factors with the fact he could be the subject of trade rumors and have the No. 5 pick of the draft, Alex Len, vying for playing time this season, and the Polish Hammer's standing in the league isn't as esteemed as it once was. Ironically, Gortat came in one spot ahead of Nash in this year's rankings.
Suns guard Goran Dragic fell out of the top 100 this year, coming in at No. 107; he was No. 83 heading into the 2012-13 season. Although he was one of the team's only bright spots in a year that saw them go 25-57, he seems to have fallen in the rankings largely due to the Suns' acquisition of Bledsoe, who may share point guard duties with him this season.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.