Updated Sep 16, 2013 - 7:03 pm
NBA releases top 10 highlights of Phoenix Suns' 2012-13 season
It wasn't without its moments, however. There were the two home wins in late January over the Los Angeles teams (Lakers and Clippers); there was another home win over the Lakers (23-point blowout) on Mar. 18; on Dec. 12, 2012, Goran Dragic made a game-winning flip shot at home against the Memphis Grizzlies; and there was the come-from-behind road win in overtime over the San Antonio Spurs on Feb. 27, in which Jermaine O'Neal turned back the clock at least 10 years, making key play after key play.
The NBA has released its top 10 Suns plays of last year on both its website and YouTube account. In the video, you'll see quite a few Dragic passes between a defender's legs, several Marcin Gortat dunks and a few highlights from now-departed Suns, such as Jared Dudley, Michael Beasley and Wesley Johnson.
Perhaps the most meaningful play -- in the context of a game -- happened in the aforementioned San Antonio contest: O'Neal grabbed a Manu Ginobili missed free throw and fired an almost full-court pass to Johnson, who turned around and made a three at the buzzer to send the game into overtime.
See where that play lands in NBA.com's list:
- ESPN: A quartet of Suns are among the NBA's most improved
- Suns' future looks bright, but D-backs have proven nothing is guaranteed
- Duke freshman Jabari Parker declares for NBA draft
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?