Phoenix Suns sign guard Dionte Christmas
The team announced on Friday they've signed guard Dionte Christmas after an impressive summer league performance.
"We're excited to add Dionte to our roster," said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough. "He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season."
Christmas, who played internationally over the last four seasons after going undrafted, averaged 10.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Suns' summer league team, appearing in seven games off the bench.
He played his collegiate ball at Temple, where he averaged 15.7 points over 130 career games. He was named All-Atlantic 10 First Team in both 2008 and 2009. He was also chosen as the Atlantic 10 Tournament Most Outstanding Player in those same years as Temple won consecutive conference tournament titles.
This leaves the Suns with 17 players on their roster heading into training camp, which takes place September 30 through October 5 in Flagstaff. Once the season begins, NBA teams are only able to carry 13 active players for each game.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.