Phoenix Suns sign guard Dionte Christmas
The team announced on Friday they've signed guard Dionte Christmas after an impressive summer league performance.
"We're excited to add Dionte to our roster," said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough. "He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season."
Christmas, who played internationally over the last four seasons after going undrafted, averaged 10.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Suns' summer league team, appearing in seven games off the bench.
He played his collegiate ball at Temple, where he averaged 15.7 points over 130 career games. He was named All-Atlantic 10 First Team in both 2008 and 2009. He was also chosen as the Atlantic 10 Tournament Most Outstanding Player in those same years as Temple won consecutive conference tournament titles.
This leaves the Suns with 17 players on their roster heading into training camp, which takes place September 30 through October 5 in Flagstaff. Once the season begins, NBA teams are only able to carry 13 active players for each game.
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.