Phoenix Suns rookie Alex Len: 'Rehab is going well'
Well, almost ready to play.
Len, whom the Suns drafted with the fifth overall pick in June, is one month removed from surgery on his right ankle.
The procedure, according to the Suns, was a precautionary measure, coming two months after he had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his other ankle.
"The (right) ankle is feeling great," Len said. "I've got like two more weeks of rehab; and then after two weeks, I'm going to start running and getting in shape.
"Rehab is going well. The main thing I don't have is any pain, so that's great."
The 7-foot-1 center out of Maryland had been in a walking boot, but it was absent Thursday night as he joined teammates Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Archie Goodwin and P.J. Tucker in helping the Suns reveal their new uniforms at Scottsdale Fashion Square.
For a big man, having two foot surgeries in less than three months may be cause for concern, but not for Len.
"The doctors tell me…everything is going well, so I have nothing to worry about," he said. "I know we have a great training staff. I believe in them. I trust them. I know they're going to take care of me."
Despite all the time in the operating room, Len, who averaged 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in his final college season, is on target to be ready by the start of training camp, something he's remained steadfast on since his pre-draft visit to Phoenix.
"I know it's going to be hard for me to start because I missed all the summer with my ankles," he said. "But I know I'm going to bring 150 percent of just effort. I'm going to dive for every loose ball. I'm going to try to earn my minutes by being aggressive and just hungry for the game."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.